- Northumbria University Newcastle, Geography and Environmental Sciences – Cold and Palaeo Environments Group
- Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Institute of Geosciences – Isotope-geochemical Palaeoclimatology/Speleothem Research
- Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Institute of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry – Group Environmental and Atmospheric Chemistry
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) – Group Development of advanced time series analysis techniques
- Geoforschungszentrum Potsdam (GFZ) – Group stable isotopes (sediments and water)
The first three stalagmites from the Bleßberg Cave (BB-1, BB-2, BB-3) grew during the last 10,000 years or so, the Holocene. By analysing stable isotopes and trace elements, various aspects of the past environmental and climatic conditions will be reconstructed. Although there are already first interesting published results, the investigation of these samples continues.